Saturday, April 21, 2018

Back from the dead


I could have sworn that there was no battery in my Montreux Knebworth pedal when I put it away just before the new year. As you can see above, that's not the case. The entire tip of this 9V battery was badly corroded, it got ripped off when I tried to remove it from the clip.


Compounding the damage was the totally deteriorated battery clip you see above. It's beyond saving & it needs a replacement...


... & Beez to the rescue! I sent him a pic of the situation & he agreed to help since the circuit layout wasn't cluttered & hiding the clip attachment to the power input jack. Beez keeps battery clips as  standby spares not for pedals but for active guitar electronics which came to him dead & required replacement at times. 

1 comment:

YusTech said...

Sir, since you also use battery as pedal power source. Do you hear tonal difference with battery brands?

Thank you