Sunday, October 1, 2017

Active power


Spent some time with the EMGs last night. These are the only EMGs I can tolerate; the 57/66. I find active pickups very synthetic sounding. Some of us like this very boosted output, others simply prefer no battery influence in the guitar's electronics. 


Speaking of batteries, I was wondering why the 57/66 sounded half-baked, they were singing like single coils, in fact. There was this strange twang living in them which would be very enjoyable should I be in the mood for non-humbucking pickups. A hunch told me it was the power source. True enough, the EMG battery was on the verge of dying. So my friends, if you hear your active pickups sounding a little crispy & veering towards the clean end, the battery is the likely culprit. 

PS: Hello October 😄

No comments: