Sunday, October 23, 2016

Pop(ped) juice


The battery popped in one of my pedals. Nobody was harmed largely due to the fact that the pedal was tank grade & contained the explosion. This battery came default with my Seymour Duncan Killing Floor unit. I was wondering why this happened since:
  • it was never connected to any PSU
  • no guitar cable was left in tact when the pedal was at rest
I have a fresh 9V battery in my Killing Floor just to make sure it wasn't the pedal killing it (no pun intended). Safety first, everyone. 😛 #justsharing

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

the battery malfunctioned... the same brand leaked (thankfully, not popped) inside my pedal causing the alkaline liquid soaked up the paint job of the pedal

subversion.sg said...

Ah... Good to know. This battery was complementary, I don't put alkaline ones into my pedals. Will blacklist this brand.