Thursday, July 19, 2012

Re-string?

Geetings, friends. I'm offering some services to re-string your guitar if you are living in the Choa Chu Kang neighbourhood (other residences- will consider...). I think some of us need assistance when it comes to locking, whammy bridges (Floyd Rose et al). I'm not doing this for supplementary funding- that's not the primary aim. Let's just say that I need the experience for future references (he he...). I need to see the condition of other people's guitars when they are due for a re-string, particularly:
  • Are the necks in a presentable condition?
  • Do all re-string circumstances require fretboard attention as well? If so, to what extent?
  • Are players with no re-string experience dealing with action-related issues as well? How would they like the action to be?
  • Are owners aware of some re-string related issues they should know?
  • Can I advice you on your string/ guitar neck health- would you take heed & act accordingly?
E-mail me if you are interested, I'm looking forward to make guitar-friends more than anything else.
---------------------------------------------------
OK, someone already e-mailed me about my charges. I can't think of a figure now, I'd just disclose a token sumin tie to come? How's that?

10 comments:

LG said...

Great one Bro!

-
LG

subversion.sg said...

in need of exposure :-)

Ijau D. Koceng said...

field trip eh? :)

ロゼ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ロゼ said...

I would like to re-string and some advice on neck health. but i'm living in the east T_T

subversion.sg said...

Are you staying near the mrt station? Planning to get into action this Saturday :-)

ray said...

a reasonable price would be a pack of strings or a drink? hahah

subversion.sg said...

wow... some considerations *shakes head*

Anonymous said...

Hello, hope you can give me some advice here!

I am using a guitar with 24.75 scale length. It is currently set up for Drop B tuning (B F# B E G# C#) and strung with Ernie Ball 11-54 gauge strings. My issue right now is I feel that the strings are still too loose, in particular the lower 3 strings (B F# B).

Would a thicker string gauge be the solution to my problem? What gauge would you recommend? I plan to use the guitar for recording too.

Thank you!

subversion.sg said...

bro- you are working in a tight situation here- shorter scaled guiar + thicker string gauge + detune. there's some trade-off if you wish to stick to this set-up. it's always the case when we employ non-standard settings for our gear :-)

first consideration would be to up the string gauge but it would necessitate further set-up which your instrument might not cope with.

second would be to ditch your current guitar altogether, let's accept the fact that some instruments are just not cut-out for the job. i'd suggest you look into a baritone option or go 7-string. these instruments were made to deal with such 'abnormal' situation in the first place so it's less problematic along the way :-)